Town Hall, Station Road
Clacton-on-Sea Essex CO15 1SE
Constructed in 1931, the impressive purpose built Princes Theatre sits inside the grade II listed building, Clacton Town Hall. The District’s number one multi-purpose venue.
Designed in 1926 by architect Sir A Brumwell Thomas, the construction started two years later on an acre plot, formerly a potato field. The Princes Theatre as part of the new town hall complex was officially opened at 12.30pm on 14th April 1931 by Princes Arthur of Connaught.
It was a 1,250 seat theatre and public hall. At the time it was managed & owned by Clacton Urban District Council, which then changed to Tendring District Council in 1985. The capacity changed a few times, from 1250 seats to 1008 in 1961 and at present seats 820.
The princes theatre now stages over 150 shows, semiars, exhibitions, meetings, weddings & events per year. Situated in the town centre the building is a hub of entertainment for the town.
For bookings contact:
+44 1255 686633