Music Export Canada Presents: Canadian Blast at the Americana Music Festival and Conference
September 12-16, 2018 in Nashville, Tennessee
Deadline: May 25, 2018
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) will be returning with our fifth Canadian Blast showcase and business mission to Nashville in September 2018. For some of the key outcomes and successes of our past missions to Americana, click here!
Held annually, the Americana Music Festival & Conference brings together thousands of legendary artists, the next generation of rising stars and industry professionals for six days of music and education. The 19th annual edition will be taking place between September 11-16, 2018 and is expected to feature approximately 500 live performances at over 60 venues in downtown Nashville.
Presented by Music Export Canada, CIMA will be hosting a Canadian Blast showcase at InDo daytime showcase party from noon-6pm on Saturday, September 15, 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for 6-8 Canadian bands to showcase to festival delegates and attendees.
Why should you attend the Americana Music Festival & Conference with CIMA?
- Artists will get the opportunity to showcase in front of key tastemakers and industry professionals interested in the American genre.
- CIMA members and mission participants receive the US $249 discounted member rate on delegate registration.
- CIMA will be organizing a networking reception for artist representatives.
- Registration includes a Canadian Blast showcase marketing campaign (social media promotion, on site posters/pull-ups etc).
- B2B Participation – Country Connections in partnership with Sounds Australia
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
- Style of music must fit the Americana music genre.
- Canadian Blast showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business representative as our export missions are centered on creating business opportunities.
- Artists who’ve already been accepted by the Americana Music Association for official shows can apply for another showcasing opportunity with Canadian Blast.
- Artists who did not apply directly to the Festival may also apply.
- All showcasing artist submissions will be reviewed by the CIMA Talent Committee and the Americana Music Festival selection team.
Registration Information & Mission Fees:
- The Artist Showcase & Business Package is priced at a discounted rate of $800 for CIMA members in good standing.
- Non-members have a rate of $1200.
- For Business delegates who are not showcasing with Canadian Blast, as spots are limited, we do offer you a Biz-Only package for $300 (for members, $600 for non-CIMA members) which includes: invite to the Canadian Blast show and other networking events with international participants, access to discount delegate badge, B2B session etc)
- For access to the discounted delegate badge rate, please contact Jenia Schukov (email@example.com) for the promo code
Deadline to submit an application for this opportunity: May 25, 2018