Music Nova Scotia Brings You The CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest
Country Music Week® 2018, being held this year in Hamilton, Ontario from September 6-9 is just around the corner – and we want to help you get there.
Music Nova Scotia is once again running a contest in tandem with the Canadian Country Music Association ® (CCMA®) for your chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play alongside Canada’s brightest country music stars and most cherished legends during the Canadian country music industry’s largest annual event.
HOW IT WORKS
Each provincial industry association has been asked to select one country music act/artist (Act) to represent their province in the annual “CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest” (National Contest).
Once all the participating provincial Acts from across Canada are chosen for the National Contest, the selected Acts will be highlighted via an online poll, set to go live on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. ET.
Each province will promote their Act and encourage the public to vote. Each voter can only place one (1) vote for who they would like to see perform during Country Music Week in Hamilton (only one vote per IP address will be accepted).
The National Contest will run for 10 days, and will close on Friday, June 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET. The Act that receives the most votes on the poll by the time the National Contest closes will win a performance spot at a public, official CCMA-sanctioned event during Country Music Week 2018 in Hamilton. The winner of the CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest will be announced on Friday, June 22, 2018.
Acts that are interested in representing our province on this National Contest are required to complete Music Nova Scotia’s online submission form (requirement details below). Deadline for submissions is 11:59pm AST on Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
To submit your Act for the CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest, please complete the online form. You will need to provide the following:
- Two (2) songs (MP3 file format or link to SoundCloud or other online music streaming account)
- Biography (no more than 50 words)
- One (1) professional publicity photograph (high resolution, JPEG file format required)
- Social Media Platforms (please include links to social media outlets you use (i.e., links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Submissions will be juried by a selection of disinterested Nova Scotian music industry professionals, and one successful Act will be selected to move on to the National Contest for their chance to win a performance spot during Country Music Week® in Hamilton, Ontario, at a public, official CCMA-sanctioned event.
NATIONAL CONTEST WINNER PRIZING
There is only one (1) prize awarded, which goes to the National Contest winner. The prize consists of:
- One (1) performance spot at a public, official CCMA-sanctioned event during Country Music Week 2018 in Hamilton
- One (1) CCMA membership (one-year duration)
- One (1) Music Nova Scotia membership to the association the winner qualified through (one-year duration)
- One (1) complimentary delegate pass to Country Music Week 2018 in Hamilton (non-transferable)
- One (1) hotel room for four (4) nights of accommodation during Country Music Week 2018 in Hamilton (the evenings of September 6-9) at the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
- Transportation (economy class) to and from the winner’s hometown to Hamilton (up to a maximum of $1,000 CDN)
Note: In the case that the winner is a duo or band, the CCMA will review the prize package on a case by case basis